Plan an Event in Milford

We are pleased you have chosen our city for the location of your event and would like your event to be a success. We have designed the permit process to enable you to think through the elements needed for your event and to make the arrangements for all permits and approvals in a timely manner.

Do I Need A Permit For My Event?

You will need a special event permit if the activity/gathering: 
   a. Occurs on non residential property;

  b. May have a direct or indirect impact on the transportation system;

  c. Requires additional municipal services that ordinarily provided;

  d. Invites and/or advertises public participation or patronage, with or without a fee;

  e. Is not specifically permitted in the zoning code or has the potential to violate the noise ordinance; or

  f. Requires City Council approval for alcohol consumption.  

If you're unsure whether your event will require a permit or approval from City Council, please submit the Pre-Application online form or call the City Clerk's Office at 302.422.1111 and discuss the details.

Remember, you may also need other permits from other agencies, such as the Delaware Division of Public Health (Office of Food Protection), Delaware Office of Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner, Carlisle Fire Company and/or the City of Milford Building Department. 
Please be aware Kent County Levy Court is offering grants for events held in Milford for FY18.  Information and the application can be found here.

Special Events Permit Application and Information Packet