Leaf / Yard Waste Collection
Leaf collection will begin the week of November 5 and will continue through January 18. Crews will collect leaves every other week through November and will then collect leaves on a weekly basis December through January 18.
Routes 1 & 3 (Monday/Tuesday Customers): Leaf collection the week of November 12 and week of November 26; then every week through January 18.
Routes 2 & 4 (Wednesday/Friday Customers): Leaf collection the week of November 5 and week of November 19; then every week through January 18.
- Collections do not need to be scheduled. Each route will be visually inspected each week.
- Leaves should be raked out to the curb or to the furthest point of the lawn by 7:00 a.m. each Monday. Because there is only one crew collecting leaves, it may take all week to do the entire route. Please be patient.
- If you are concerned about leaves blowing, you may cover them with a tarp. Please do not bag them.
- Keep leaves away from any poles, trees or signs and please refrain from blowing or raking leaves into the street as they can clog drains and lead to flooding.
- Do not place leaves in bags for this seasonal collection.
- Please make sure that leaves are free of brush, glass, cans, rocks and other debris, as these items may cause injury to workers and damage to the collection equipment.
See above schedule for route information. If you are not sure of which route you are in please go to www.cityofmilford.com/solidwaste or call Customer Service at 302-422-6616.
Yard Waste Collection
Routes 1-4 yard waste collection is on Monday.
Personal containers are not acceptable for the removal of yard waste, trash or recycling. Additional containers are available upon request, the fee is $12 per month per each additional container. Yard waste containers should be at the curbside by 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
Yard waste piles and limbs outside of the container will be collected on a scheduled basis and is considered "Brush Collection". Brush collection requires customers to schedule a collection by calling Customer Service at 302.422.6616. Please see Additional Information link above for helpful tips, reminders and fees/procedures regarding Brush.